Over the past two years, both the private and commercial sectors have faced various challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, which have led to numerous changes in the organization of work in both private companies and public institutions. Customers of Civinity Solutions, a commercial building management company, responsibly fulfilling government requirements and ensuring the safety of their employees and customers during the pandemic are experiencing an increased need for disinfection services.
Taking care of the safety of our customers, their employees and clients, we have collected practical tips that will help maintain a safe environment in office spaces.
Useful tips to keep office environment safe from COVID-19 are provided by the Liga Ozoliņa, manager of Civinity Solutions.
1. You should regularly disinfect surfaces and objects that are touched often, especially in common areas – handles, electrical switches, stair railings. At the end of the working day, the working equipment intended for joint use must be disinfected;
2. Only certified and recognized products should be used for disinfection. According to the results of research, the most effective means for disinfection of surfaces and premises are a 70% solution of ethanol and a solution of sodium hypochlorite, as well as other disinfectants effective against enveloped (corona) viruses, for example, which contain 50% of isopropanol.
3. If regular ventilation of the premises is not possible, the manager of the office building must ensure regular maintenance of the ventilation system;
4. The cleaning program should be revised, perhaps, for increasing the frequency of wet cleaning;
5. If a person with confirmed COVID-19 has been in office space, disinfection of surfaces and premises with disinfectants must be fulfilled before reusing the premises.
6. If possible, all utensils used in the office for meals should be washed in the dishwasher at high temperature, and not by hand;
7. To completely destroy germs, mops and microfiber dusters used to clean the premises must be washed at a temperature of at least 90 degrees.
Of course, it is important not only to carry out effective disinfection measures, but also to be able to combine all the necessary measures without violating the company’s agenda and the usual rhythm of life, so one of the best options is to attract professional cleaning and disinfection service providers. However, it must be recognized that during the pandemic, many customers and employers are reducing the amount of cleaning work, although the opposite should be done now: the frequency and regularity of cleanings should be increased, especially for wet cleaning and disinfection. This situation may be due to economic reasons and partly remote work. However, it should be remembered that all the necessary cleaning work is important both for the safety of employees and for the successful operation of the business.